The ACLTA Professional Development scholarships are intended to provide financial support to assist members to increase their knowledge and expertise by undertaking further education and learning.
Professional development opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Short courses/workshops
- Site visits
Successful recipients may have their professional development costs wholly or partially funded. There is a fixed amount we have capacity to give and the committee will award no more than a combined maximum of $500 per round.
- Current employment as a Child Life Therapist or Child Life Therapy Assistant in an Australian healthcare facility.
- Full financial member of the Association of Child Life Therapists Australia
- Outline of intended program with written approval from manager (and acceptance at health care service being visited if applicable).
- Priority will be given to members who have not received an ACLTA professional development scholarship in the last two years.
- Recipients will be required to share their learning with members of the Association of Child Life Therapists Australia. This may be in the form of a presentation at a networking event or an article for the ACLTA newsletter within three (3) months of completion of their learning.
- It is expected that recipients will be able to cover the costs of their professional development initially and will be reimbursed by the association upon completion.
Application and Selection Process
There will be two application intakes per year. Please complete the application form and return to the Executive committee by the closing date.
|Opening Date||Closing Date|
|1st May 2018||31st May 2018|
|1st October 2018||31st October 2018|
Assessment and selection of applicants will be performed by a committee comprising of one member of the executive, one ACLTA member and one independent reviewer. All applications will receive an email confirmation on submission. Successful applicants will be notified by email and will occur within one (1) month of the closing date. The decision of this committee will be final.